5 Deaths linked to Vaping in the United States.
What the Headlines should read: A Total of 5 Deaths are Reported to be Linked to Vaping in the US.
Monday 9th September 2019.
Right so let's take a step back and look a little further than the tabloid headlines. Headlines that are designed to make money and are often based on very little accurate information. So far all the recent headlines have done is cause unnecessary panic and concern. Here's what's actually known right now:
- Tabloid headlines are not fact and rarely depict the truth.
- A total have 5 deaths in the United States are suspected to be linked to ecigarettes, there is no actual evidence to support this yet.
- The CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) are still investigating the diseases and are not currently able to state what has caused them.
- The only apparent common link at the moment is the cases were reported to have used black market eliquids containing THC with a possible common ingredient of a vitamin E oil. However this has been reported, it is not yet fact.
- Vaping has been around for well over a decade now and these are the first reported deaths possibly linked to vaping.
- The CDC reports that smoking is responsible for 7 million deaths each year, so that's 70 million plus smoking related deaths since Vaping has been around. This figure is predicted to increase to more than 8 million people a year dying from smoking related diseases by 2030.
- The UK has some of the strictest vaping regulations in the world; covering ingredients, manufacturing, labelling, sale and much more.
- Public Health England, the NHS, the Royal College of Physicians, Cancer Research UK among others support the 2 independent studies carried out in the UK, finding vaping to be at least 95% safer than smoking.
- Whilst no one is claiming that Vaping is 100% safe, it's clear that if you are a smoker, Vaping is an undeniably safer alternative than continuing to smoke.
If you have genuine concerns about what's going on in the United States right now, then contact a health professional or organisation. Please don't victimise smokers and Vapers trying to make a positive change in their lives or spam you're local Vape shop with opinions based on a tabloid headline you've seen on social media.
Investigate the facts and treat people with respect.
JJ Allen 2019.
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Health, The Truth about Vaping, Vaping Deaths, Vaping Myths Debunked, Vaping News, Vaping Safety